Monday, July 5, 2010

Thoughts and prayers down the valley


“...and my God will supply every need of yours”

June 2010

2009!! What a year!! it has been a walk through radiation and chemo treatments one after the other.

On hindsight, how did i survive that? It is only through the gracious love and faithfulness of God.

Through the year, I have experienced answered prayers and God’s miracles in my life. Indeed, the Lord is our comfort and strength. He is the same God through different seasons, good times or bad times.

When things seem hopeless He gives me hope .
When I feel so helpless, He guides me through
and provides a way out of the mess.
When things get so painful, He provides strength and comfort,
When I feel sad, He reminds me of His presence.
When the way becomes rough, He gives me direction
In all things, He has abundant supplies of whatever I need.

Snippets of thoughts, experiences and prayers through physical and emotional pain of having the liposarcoma

May 14, 2009

At this time, I have finished 3 cycles of radiation treatments. Yet I am losing strength in my right arm. Am having double, blurring vision problems. My ears feel full and ringing. I feel so sad. I feel so downhearted. And envious of others who appear so physically well.

Lord, How long will I suffer these physical pains and difficulties? Only with your strength am I able to go through the days. Only in the hope of your Word that I find comfort and joy to look forward.

Why do I feel this gnawing fear? No child of yours should suffer this fear knowing and believing that You are the powerful God above all things on earth. Come Holy Spirit, fill me up with your power, restore my health and my joy. I command these cancer cells to leave my body.

Your Word is powerful, Lord. Your love is unending. …” all things work for good to those who love you and are called for your purpose”. You are the powerful God who created heavens and earth and has dominion over all things.

I declare the truth in your Word that By his stripes I am healed. I declare your Words in Psalms 118:17 that I shall not die but live to declare the glory of the Lord. I claim you Word in Matt 21:22 that anything that you ask in prayer if you believe you will receive.



September 4, 2009


I went to have blood analysis this morning. It has been such a ritual to me. I could easily imagine the different kinds of pricks and pain the needles inflict depending upon the person doing it. The prick is always different. Some days they are painless and some days these are painful.

This morning is not too bad. I closed my eyes. The needle prick did not disappoint me.

My Neutrophils is low again, 0.26. I don’t know what this means but they say, I will be prone to bacterial infection. Hopefully, it goes up so I could have my 3rd cycle of chemotheraphy this Tuesday.

I feel stronger these days. Satan has no power over me. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Everyday is a day of miracle for me. To be able to do normal activities is God’s miracle.

Lord, continue to fill my thoughts and enable me to expect your miracle everyday.


September 22, 2009



Lord you are the Lord of all things. Grant me comfort, ease my pain and give me peace that passes all understanding. You are with me. You have never left me by myself alone.

Lord, work a miracle in my life today. By your stripes I am healed.

Be my sight, my strength and my peace. Restore my body in light of Jeremiah 30.17 “I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord


September 24, 2009



O Lord, I do need you to hold my hand and continue to reassure me of your healing hand. Touch me, O Lord.

Look upon me with favour Lord. Be my strength.


O Lord, you are the creator of the universe. Everything in this earth is yours.

Nothing is impossible to you .

November 10, 2009


Thank you Lord for waking me up with renewed strength this morning. Help me that I may keep up my strength throughout the whole day.

Today is my 5th chemo treatment at 10.45. Father, please go ahead before me and prepare the way for my treatment. Let your Word and the Power of the Holy Spirit flow through my body as I am given the drug treatment.

What does it mean to believe that you have already healed me? “by Christs Stripes I have been healed” .

Why am I still going through the treatment? Is it because you have provided it for me. By going through the treatment, don’t I believe in your Word?

I claim your word in I Peter 2.24, Mark 11.24 and Jeremiah 30.17 that you will restore my health and give me full life span.

May I glorify your name even as I go through these treatments and through this disease. Forgive me Lord for not taking care of my body well. It should have always been a fitting vessel for your use.

No comments:

Post a Comment