Remembering the years past: The heavens declare God’s glory
July 19, 2004
Psalms 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God. The skies proclaim the work of his hands”.
We are, at present, in the middle of the winter season here in NZ. The temperature in Palmy dips down to 2 in the early hours of the morning. Probably not very cold compared with other temperate countries but freezing cold for us, who have lived most of our lives in tropical climate. As it was in the previous days, it is so difficult to wake up and leave the comforts of a warm bed in the morning (although, as I think back, when was it ever so easy for me to leave the comforts of my bed in the morning). As usual, I was still curled up in bed at 8:00. I hear Paco moving about and waking me up since 7 AM. Bless him.
I was finally up at 8:10, and prepared for the day. I have missed Kim leaving for school. He bikes his way to school almost everyday. I heard him above my head and felt him kissing me goodbye. I finally had to uncurl myself, leave the beckoning bed and prepared for my day. Have donned 3 layers of clothing . On my way to work. I am still thinking about the warmth of the bed. I have a vague remembrance of the frost-covered grasses, the rays of sunlight streaming through the fog, the children walking to school. I missed a lot of things. If I am asked to recall five things that I noticed this morning , I would have answered none. I was so caught up in feeling the ‘nippiness’ of the day and the difficulty of having to drive against what I thought was a glaring light.
I have reached the AgResearch Levy Bldg,still grumbling about the cold day. As I sat down and started to reflect about what I am going to do for the day, I opened my bible for a brief glance at my passage for the day, Psalms 19:1.
“The heavens declare the glory of the Lord and the skies proclaim the work of his hands”.
The bible talks about a magnificent God who have created these natural things around me, of which I am grumbling about. The sky is proclaiming the work of His hands. As I looked out of the window, what a nice beautiful day, INDEED! to wake up to after having been so refreshed and strengthened through the night. How majestic is God’s work, who have created the changing seasons and the changing sceneries. No one cant just miss experiencing His power by looking at the heavens and the sky and the earth. Be it through the serenity and beauty or the raging power of nature, God is wonderful and mighty powerful.
What about my life? What does it say about my creator? Does it declare a wonderful, caring, powerful God?
As always, I am humbled by the knowledge about a mighty God and my nothingness apart from Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment